The Annual Congregation Meeting is Sunday, June 6, 2021 at 11:45 AM. This meeting will be in the Family Life Center, and there will also be a virtual (Zoom) option. (Note: each device on Zoom counts for one vote)
- Invocation & Call to Order (Brandon Lupp)
- Devotion (Pastor Appold)
- Accept the agenda (Brandon Lupp)
- Approval of 2020 Voters Meeting Minutes (Brandon Lupp)
- Approval of Call Meeting Minutes (Brandon Lupp)
- Elections (Brandon Lupp)
- 2021-2022 Budget (Brandon Lupp, Matthew Briggson)
- Adjourn with Prayer (Pastor Appold)
BOARD OF DIRECTOR NOMINEE SLATE
- Brandon Lupp, Chairman of the Board of Directors
- Karen Syrek, Member-at-Large
- Matthew Briggson, Treasurer
- David Wassilak, Chairman of the Board of Elders
- Stephanie McIntyre, Member-at-Large
- Kurt Hein
- Nathan Schilling
Matthew Briggson and his wife Liz started attending St Matthew in 2012. They reside in Jenison with their two young daughters, Lucy and Abigail, and their dog Ted. Matthew is a certified public accountant and spent time in public accounting and industry finance before co-founding an online professional education company for finance professionals.
Kurt has been married to Kathy for over twenty-eight years and together they have four children: Nathan, 23, Nicholas, 20; Alyssa, 15; and Addison, 12. He spent over 20 years at General Motors moving eight times throughout the US and Germany. He moved back to Michigan in 2011 to establish more permanent roots for his family and open the state’s first Christian Brothers Automotive. He currently owns the Christian Brothers Automotive in Grand Rapids and Cascade Township. Kurt is active in the local GR community and has served on the board of Mel Trotter Ministries for the past five years.
Currently serving as Chairman, St. Matthew Board of Directors
Member at St. Matthew for 10+ years
Married to Cortney, children Sydney (12) & Sawyer (10)
BS, MBA & JD from Michigan State University
Leads sales teams for Kellogg; background in finance & analytics
Stephanie McIntyre has been a member of St Matthew for 6 years, serving as a board member for 2 years. Married to husband Jason for 14 years and mother of 8 year old Henry. Stephanie works as an office assistant at Jack’s Lawn Service.
Nathan started attending St Matthew in 2014 when he moved to Grand Rapids to begin working for the Michigan Department of Transportation. He grew up in Fraser, Michigan, and attended Michigan Tech where he majored in civil engineering. He has been involved in men’s bible study, serving communion and snow shoveling, and the Red Letter challenge at St Matthew. He enjoys running, biking, and skiing in his free time.
Karen and family have been members of St Matthew since 2013. She obtained her Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from Davenport University and worked at a non-profit for several years. She is now a homeschooling mom of 3 kids (Anya- 11, Nadia- 9, Abraham- 6). In her spare time, she enjoys gardening, restoring her nearly century old home, and is currently learning to play guitar. Karen and family adore the St Matthew family and enjoy serving in many different ways. She is also serving as the St. Matthew BOD representative on the Pastoral Call Committee.
David Wassilak is seeking a 3rd term as the Chairman of the Board of Elders. David has been a member of St Matthew since 2010 and has been married to Susan for 34 years. David and Susan have three adult children. David serves as Elder and usher, and typically attends early service. David is a strong communicator and enjoys supporting the rest of the elders and the St Matthew staff.
For families with more than one voting member, please note that we will be complying with LCMS recommendations and allowing only one vote per device, so each voting member will need to log in on a separate device for voting purposes if they each intend to vote.
If you have not joined us for a voter’s meeting on Zoom before and require assistance prior to the meeting, please let us know.
- For record keeping purposes, the Zoom meeting will be recorded.
- All users on Zoom should have their first and last names displayed. If your username is something different and you are unsure how to change it, please let the host know in the chat and they can help you change it.
- If your connection is spotty, turning off your video will help save bandwidth and keep your connection stable.
- Each device gets one vote, so each voter needs their own device.
- Please utilize the “raise hand” function and chat window if you would like to make a comment during discussion times.
- The vote(s) will happen as a poll and will show up on your screen as they happen. Please make your selection within the time allotted.